(Originally published Sep. 30, 2002).
Studio MX from Macromedia is an integrated suite of development tools for creating Internet applications. For the first time all members of a design team, from designers to developers and programmers, can work within one environment to create and maintain any website whether it’s built using HTML, XHTML, XML, web services, ColdFusion, ASP.NET, ASP, JSP, or PHP.
Studio MX offers a visual environment as well as a coding environment. Developers can use familiar tools to get the job done and experiment with new tools, all within one environment. Hard core developers will enjoy the coding environment, which gives them complete control over their code and lets them integrate various technologies.
Macromedia Studio MX includes:
- Dreamweaver MX
- Flash MX
- Fireworks MX
- Freehand 10
- ColdFusion MX Developers Edition
The ColdFusion MX Server Trial Edition is included on the disk. The trial edition can be accessed from multiple IP addresses and enables you to evaluate the full capabilities of ColdFusion MX Server for 30 days. At the end of the 30 days the trial edition automatically converts to the Developer Edition. The Developer Edition is non-expiring but is limited to use by a single developer on a single workstation. It supports all of the features of the Enterprise Edition but is limited to access by a single IP address.
- 96 MB of free available system RAM to open one application (128 MB recommended)
- Additional RAM required to open multiple applications simultaneously
- 500 MB of available disk space to install all applications
- 1024 x 768 resolution (millions of colors), 16-bit color display or better
- CD-ROM drive
- For Adobe PostScript printing: PostScript Level 2 or PostScript 3
- Netscape Navigator 4.0 or Internet Explorer 4.0 or later
- Note: these system requirements do not include ColdFusion MX Server
- 300 MHz Intel Pentium II processor or equivalent
- Windows 98 SE, Windows Me, Windows NT 4 (Service Pack 6), Windows 2000, or Windows XP
- Adobe Type Manager Version 4 or later for use with Type 1 fonts
- Power Mac G3 processor or better
- Mac OS 9.1 and higher, or OS X 10.1 and higher
- Adobe Type Manager Version 4 or later for use with Type 1 fonts (OS 9.x)
- Dreamweaver MX requires Mac OS Runtime for Java (MRJ) 2.2 or above on Mac OS 9 (included on Macromedia Studio MX CD)
We’ll be looking at three of the included programs today, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Fireworks. Onward…
Read the full article at WDV.com